Regular price $14
When it comes to tea snacks, we often look to traditional Chinese pastries for inspiration. The almond and walnut flavored cookies have been staples in Chinese bakeries for generations. For many, their iconic look with a nut pressed into the middle of the cookie is itself a childhood memory.
These cookies are distinctively nutty in flavor and crumbly in texture. Ground almonds or walnuts are pressed into the dough to create extra depth of flavor and a hearty crunch. Each Button Cookie is perfectly sized to pair with a steeping of tea. For the self-proclaimed “chocolate person”, you would enjoy the rich chocolate flavor plus a sprinkle of flaked salt. And for the undecided, an assorted pack can never go wrong.
We adore these on their own or alongside our beloved Pineapple Linzers and Tiny Bars on a snack plate. We hope you find these as enjoyable as we do!
- 10 cookies per bag / 12 cookies per bag for assorted
- Each cookie is approximately 2" wide and 0.75" tall
- Cookies are sealed in individual cellophane bags
- Assorted: Almond buttons, walnut buttons, chocolate buttons and butter shortbread
- Almond Buttons: Almonds, flour, butter, organic cane sugar, baking powder, salt, almond extract, egg yolk
- Walnut Buttons: Walnuts, flour, organic cane sugar, butter, salt, egg yolk
- Chocolate Buttons: Flour, Valhrona chocolate, butter, organic sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, baking powder
- Butter Shortbreads: Unbleached flour, French style butter, organic cane sugar, sea salt
Produced in a facility that processes wheat, milk, egg, soy, tree nuts, & peanuts.
Button Cookies will remain fresh and delicious at room temperature for 45 days from the packing date, or they can be stored up to two months refrigerated. We are not responsible for delays in shipping once the package has been transferred to the carrier.
Button Cookies can also be purchased in-person at our Tea Room during regular business hours.